Easy DIY edible recipes anyone can make
Looking for DIY edible recipes? Whether you have a bag of old weed you want to use up or just don’t feel like smoking today, we will show you some quick, easy-to-make edibles anyone can pull off. Be sure to stop by our Fitchburg dispensary to stock up on weed for these recipes. And if you’re not feeling inspired to make your own, we’ve got plenty of edibles on our shelves that are sure to satisfy.
Let’s jump right in!
Classic edible: Firecracker recipe
Memories of dorm rooms, college houses, and late-night munching come to mind when we think of firecrackers. Anyone can make and enjoy these simple treats, though, and they always seem to get the job done.
What is a firecracker? In its simplest form, it’s a homemade weed edible made from peanut butter, ground weed, and a cracker. We like to keep it simple: peanut butter, a saltine cracker, and some ground up weed. But you can easily swap out the peanut butter for any other nut butter or even nutella. Just make sure it’s something with a good dose of fat. And you can swap out the saltine for any cracker of your choice (many prefer graham crackers), or even put it on toast. Of course, the weed is non-negotiable for this recipe.
Here’s how to make a firecracker:
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grind up your desired amount of cannabis (start small if you’re not used to eating weed) and place it in a small pocket of foil, sealing all sides and keeping the weed safe inside the pocket. Place the foil holding the weed in the oven, allowing it to heat up as it preheats. This is a jumpstart for the decarboxylation process needed to activate the THC. As you bake your firecracker edible, the weed will continue to decarb. But this is a good way to speed up the process and ensure you make a potent edible.
- After your oven has reached 300 degrees, remove and open the foil pouch to allow the weed to cool.
- Spread a spoonful of peanut or other nut butter over your preferred cracker.
- Dump your ground flower over the peanut butter, using a knife to evenly distribute it across the cracker. Try to coat the weed in the nut butter as much as possible, to allow the fat to bind with the THC. Don’t know how weed to use? Definitely start with less than you would smoke in a joint. Edibles hit differently, and you can always eat more if needed.
- Spread another spoonful of peanut butter across a second cracker and place peanut butter-side down to make a cracker sandwich. The weed and peanut butter filling should keep your sandwich together easily.
- Wrap the crackers in foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
Although some people are fans of the earthy taste of weed and peanut butter, others like to make it more palatable with honey, cinnamon, and other toppings. Feel free to get creative!
Edibles using tinctures
Firecrackers are the most common DIY edible for good reason: they work like a charm. They’re potent, tasty (when done right), and easy to make. Few things come close to a firecracker, unless you count fun variations like using nutella or adding honey and spices.
But you can also make a variety of edibles using tinctures as well. You can stir them into any beverage you enjoy, make a smoothie, add them to salad dressing, and so much more. As long as you’re not heating the tincture to a high temperature (which can destroy the compounds) you can pretty much do whatever you want to ingest them. They work just like edibles and should be taken slowly if you’re not sure how your body reacts.
Here’s an easy other DIY edible recipe:
Easy cannabis smoothie recipe
You can swap out any of your favorite fruits for what we’ve included in this recipe. Smoothies are super easy and versatile, so use what you like or have on hand.
You will need:
- One banana
- Handful of berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc)
- Splash of orange juice
- Splash of milk (or non-dairy milk of your choice)
- Handful of crushed ice
- Yogurt (optional)
- Cannabis tincture
Blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy! It’s as simple as that. If you’re not sure how much tincture to use, start low, go slow.
And as a word of caution: use a tincture that will work well with the flavors of your smoothie. Our Fitchburg pot shop carries flavorless tincture that is great for any scenario. You don’t want to use a strongly-flavored tincture that does not complement the ingredients you’re using for the rest of the dish.
Single no-bake edible cookie
For a sweeter twist on a tincture edible, try this no bake edible cookie recipe. Here;s what you need:
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp of butter or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of oats
- 1 tsp of peanut butter
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- Desired dose of cannabis tincture
On a saucepan, carefully bring the chocolate chips to medium heat, stirring often. As the chips begin to melt, add in your tbsp of butter or oil. Continuously stir to prevent the chocolate from burning.
Once melted, pour the mixture over a small bowl with the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until well mixed, and then add in your cannabis tincture. Give a final stir and then use a spoon to scoop and place on a piece of parchment or wax paper. You should have one large infused no-bake cookie.
Allow to solidify at room temperature, or speed up the process by leaving in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Stop by The Healing Center
Need weed? We’ve got you covered. Stop by our Fitchburg dispensary for all of your cannabis needs. And if you have any questions, we’re always here to help and direct you to the best products on the market.
We are a recreational dispensary located in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, serving all guests 21 or over with legal identification. We carry a wide selection of brands with a variety of categories like cannabis flower, concentrates, pre-rolled joints, vaporizer cartridges, edibles, infused drinks, tinctures, and accessories. Give us a follow on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.